rosaf

A Russian scientist claims that the Russian and US governments are

in possession of some recent alien footage. He posted

a brief segment on the net and is threatening to expose all of the

footage. There is an investigative website that is scrutinizing

this ordeal.

http://www.geocities.com/kbat_alien_footage_investigation

Is it real or too early to tell?

Hehe, that video looked like something out a made for tv movie for the SciFi Channel. Question, from what I saw, was it supposed to be from the point of view of the actual creature? Who knew they'd use recording devices compatible with human technology? The wonders of the universe are mind-boggling.

From your link:

"The scientist claims that an Alien craft "crashed into Kara Sea north of Siberian Plateau". I have also found some reasonable support of this as well."

Why do the aliens always have such lousy flying skills?

I mean seriously if Roswell is true it would have to had been an EXTREMELY isolated incident and a huge failure by contamination of the anthropological study (or whatever the aliens were doing). Maybe the UFO was hi-jacked by Al Qaeda?;)

"Many people have seen this clip. Most of them have viciously debunked it. What shocks me is that some have debunked it immediately while admitting that they haven’t even seen the clip! Their reason is that "all such footage turns out to be a hoax". Still, there are a variety of opinions circulating. Some say it could be real. Others say it is a hoax. Still others claim that they can’t tell with only 5 seconds to view. There are also people who suspect that it could be a movie or a TV show of some sort, either already released or upcoming."

The Alien Autopsy Vid was way more detailed than that and it definitely could have been faked.

"The majority of the debunkers have stated that the reason they think it is a fake is because it looks "effected". They say it looks as if it was photo shopped, edited, and when analyzed with video analyzer software it turned out to be digital with an "eye effect" put on it. Further they state that since it is viewed in Windows media, it is fake."

Because it does look like it could have been fake easily.

"But honestly, if someone was trying to show you classified footage and the only way they could leak it is via Internet, how else could you see it? It would have to be converted to a digital format and would have to be viewed in Windows media, QuickTime, Real Player, etc."

And because it is digital media it's not allowed to be submitted (where I live) as legal evidence because it can be faked easily.

The Alien Autopsy Vid was way more detailed than that and it definitely could have been faked.

Fake as the day is long. Lots of problems with the background (do I remember or am I imagining a very modern looking watch on someone's wrist?) but particularly damning about it for me was the interview with its "discoverer" - who promised to send the film in for analysis (bear in mind this footage is meant to be from half a century ago) and never did. Says it all really.

While I believe aliens exist as a virtual certainty, (70 sextillion or so stars observable folks?) I am very skeptical about intelligence emerging on different worlds that are either (a) spatially close enough for contact or (b) not evolving millions or hundreds of millions (billions anyone?) of years apart.

I have not yet viewed the link. I suspect that it will turn out to be flawed for two reasons:

a) I suspect everything.

b) As noted earlier, to date all such footage has been at best inconclusive in the extreme, and at worst obviously faked.

Alien visitations would be of such huge importance from a scientific, cultural, religous and survival standpoint, that plausible evidence for them be ismust be subject to rigorous and sceptical information. That said, there are a set of 'deunkers' who will continue to debunk even when, and if, a true alien visitation does occur. This group are as unscientific as those who blindly believe everything they are told.