IQ Tests

IMI

MrL_JaKiri said in post #22 :

Both...?

Well, I don't know anything about 'G. K. Chesterton' but he seems to have some very funny quotes.

About Albert Einsteins quote:

I think it's just his way of expressing how he sees the world. I'm sure you can understand that.

And although I don't believe in a God I don't think that this universe is made up out of coincidence.

Is it relevant? Well that is relative to your point of view ;)

Edit:

I just realize that you probably talked about relevancy with IQ-test.

Nevermind: I thought we already agreed that they were useless.

Edit2:

Jus in case you wonder about what I mean with funny quotes, here is one:

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."

G. K. Chesterton

IMI said in post #23 :

Some postulate that EQ is more important than IQ with regards to success.

Just someone having a high IQ doesn't mean anything. It is their virtue that counts. It's not what you have but what you do with it that matters.

My understanding of EQ is, with regards to *success, the ability to delay immediate gratification for a bigger reward down the road.

If someone with a high IQ is not virtuous enough to work hard at anything he/she will gain nothing from being so intelligent.

*Success=obtaining the maximum positive result from an action.

Let me beat everyone to the punch and say that there is much more to EQ than I stated above. I have chosen one aspect of it, for the sake of this discussion, based on an experiment I read of. In this experiment, the EQ of children was tested based on ability to delay immediate gratification.

There is no test I know of that combines IQ and common sense testing except life itself. There are extremely high IQ people that can over engineer simple common sense problems and extremely able common sense people that sometimes are afraid to push the envelope. I think a balence of being very able with both is the best potential for success and also happiness.

I think people with only a high IQ to speak of should get handicapped licence plates.

Just aman