reading books

computerages

Hello everybody!

I have a few questions regarding how I should read a book. Should I read every single word from the begining of the book till the end. Or' date=' should I just read what I want to....??

Thanks.[/quote']

You'd be surprised, the best person to answer this question is you becausr it varies from person to person :)

I, personally, read the book through quick (skim reading) and then go through the full workd reading it all untill I understand as much as possible. Works great for me but you'll have to experiment to see which method works the best for you :)

I normally read chapter-by-chapter too, I read one chapter untill I understand it then move on and keep doing the same untill I sinish the book then move to the next book :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I read word for word, drawing pictures in my mind as I go. If I don't understand something, I won't go further unless I am in a cram session. I will then go to Wiki for an explanation, then move forward again.

If its a novel, and I really like the book, I will read word for word but stop before the last chapter. Then I will re-read it again from the beginning only this time all the way to the end.

Bettina

It depends on the context, if you're reading for pleasure it seems that most people would want to read it completely (without needing to be studious), if you rush through it it seems to defeat the purpose of reading for pleasure, although that can differ depending on the person.

If you're reading for research or study, skim through first to get a general idea of the concepts and then go back and concentrate on the important parts (reading carefully, taking notes) to really master them.