HELP! Email and new PC

ted_marx

Hello,

I just bought a new PC. Hooray.

I use Comcast broadband and read emails through Outlook Express. I want to be able to read my saved emails from this pc (my old one) on the new pc. However, I'm not finding the Outlook Express help menus to be of much use. These speak only of exporting the messages and address book to another Microsoft Program . . . not to another machine.

Yet I'm sure this can be done . . . surely I don't have to forward all these emails to myself and then pick them up on the new PC?

Help/guidance appreciated!

Thanks,

Ted

there is one of two ways to do this and I am unsure as to which is the correct method as I havn't used OE for quite a while (Thunderbird is a far supieror client imo) But you can either grab the data files from the OE data directory depending which os you use and how it's set up this can be more than one place I belive, and just drop the data in the OE directory on the new comp.

Or export all your data to another data file take that to your new computer and import it.