Investigating Self-Initiated Adrenaline Responses: 

There is a fascinating aspect of human physiology that I've personally experienced: the ability to initiate sensations akin to an adrenaline rush at will, without the need for external triggers.

Through personal exploration and discussions with medical professionals, it's become apparent that this ability involves a deliberate activation of specific musculature, possibly connected to the autonomic nervous system. This activation induces a sympathetic nervous system response, leading to the release of adrenaline and subsequent physiological changes such as increased heart rate and pupil dilation.

What sets this phenomenon apart is its self-initiated nature, devoid of any external triggers. While not extensively discussed in scientific literature, I believe it holds significant potential for further exploration.

Have any of you encountered similar self-initiated physiological responses or come across relevant research in this area? I'm eager to hear your thoughts and engage in discussions about this intriguing aspect of human physiology.

I’ve had this happen my whole life  I don’t discuss it because rarely anyone can relate  I can start it in my head then thighs and then torso area  I’ll add I can hold it for subs four seconds due to intensity  

Van anyone relate or maybe she’d some light on the topic?  Thank you

ps-no, I’m not CRAZY nor have ASMR  

What process are you using to take samples and confirm the increased adrenaline in a lab?

My intuition is this would be better described as a subtle form of anxiety attack