Dharmic religions

Otto Kretschmer

What's your opinion on Dharmic religions i.e. Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism?

I personally like them more than Abrahamic religions since they are more tolerant and don't have the same "who doesn't believe in me goes to hell" approach.

A nice introduction to Buddhism:

Edited by Otto Kretschmer

Every society developed the religion that reflects its mores and lifestyle. Every deity represents an aspect of the rulership or cultural values of its society. What they all have in common is the human love of ritual:  ceremonial display, hallowed places in which the community celebrates or mourns its significant events. Hindu rituals are very picturesque, and seem to me more life-affirming than the Abrahamic ones, even while the ultimate desire is supposed to be for non-being. I'm not that familiar with the intricacies of Judaism and Islam, but Christianity is a death-cult: it venerates sacrifice, obedience, self-denial in the service of eternal life... Feasting and fasting - it seems to me all organized religions have an internal contradiction. Like humans.