On Homeopathy

timokay

This topic discusses the raging Homeopathy debate. Hahnemann wrote books 200 years ago on a medical system that must have worked for him to have known so much about disease and how to cure it - he extended his own life to more than three times the life expectancy for someone born in 1755. His books are so rational and flawless, it is impossible to believe that this is anything other than a valid medical system.

Everyone feels they have the right to dismiss Homeopathy, though how could they know. They want Scientific proof but do not want to contribute to discussions on how to find that particular kind of proof.

I am not a homeopath, have no financial interest, just know that, after carefully studying his books, Hahnemann cured chronic diseases, considered incurable today, that affect millions in Britain and 10's of millions in the USA. I hope I can tempt Homeopath Albert into this debate.

Please ask any introductory questions or background on the subject, if you don't know anything about it.

Tim K.

By "Hahnemann cured chronic diseases" I take it you mean in individuals and not across the planet?

It's all very well to dismiss the claims of people who turn their noses up at homeopathy because they just don't like it - in fact, I'd encourage it. I mean, what do they know?

However you should not simply dismiss the results of all the clinical trials that have been performed on homeopathic remedies. We know now that some things work 'as advertised', some appear to work, and some claims are just silly (half a pigeon on the head for migraine, etc).

As with any field related to biochemistry, it's not an "all or nothing" event.

placebo's work magic sometimes!

Anyhow, I don't know much about homeopathy actually. Are there homeopaths that practice today in the states? Do they get a degree?

I know the girl that sat behind me in bio1 wanted to be a homeopath, thats about the extent of my knowledge :)

Sayonara,

Yes, the Scientific clinical trials have been disappointing. None, however, have been performed on Hahnemannian Homeopathy, which, I believe, worked perfectly.

Albert is an experienced homeopath in that area, so I hope he will join in.

Most of Homeopathy has not stuck to essential principles laid down by Hahnemann.. As far as I can see, these areas of "Homeopathy" could not work, which might explain the results.

Albert,

I don't know what "Quick Response" below means...a limit of some kind on post size? Try posting in pieces. Let's see what this forum has to offer.

But, still looking for a Science one with a significant following.

I don't know what "Quick Response" below means...a limit of some kind on post size?

Quick response is for quick responses, like this one. If you want a full blow post, press the "post reply" button.