Hypothetical "Anti-Graviton"

grayson

Hello everyone. After seeing @swansonts post about antimatter falling like matter, I thought of something. How would they fall without "Anti-Gravitons". Now I know that gravitons are still hypothetical, but if they are real, wouldn't an anti-particle just destroy itself upon collision with a graviton. So, what if there was an "Anti-graviton" That pulled it down? Or what if the normal gravitons quite literally aren't matter or antimatter? Maybe that is why we cannot detect them if they are real... Also, another thing to think about, maybe the reason gravitons are so hard to detect is because they pass through things like neutrinos. I am not stupid; I am just not very expertise in quantum physics. Anyways, if there is another celestial body of evidence that I am not correct, just lay it down on me. Have a great day!

10 minutes ago, grayson said:

Hello everyone. After seeing @swansonts post about antimatter falling like matter, I thought of something. How would they fall without "Anti-Gravitons". Now I know that gravitons are still hypothetical, but if they are real, wouldn't an anti-particle just destroy itself upon collision with a graviton. So, what if there was an "Anti-graviton" That pulled it down? Or what if the normal gravitons quite literally aren't matter or antimatter? Maybe that is why we cannot detect them if they are real... Also, another thing to think about, maybe the reason gravitons are so hard to detect is because they pass through things like neutrinos. I am not stupid; I am just not very expertise in quantum physics. Anyways, if there is another celestial body of evidence that I am not correct, just lay it down on me. Have a great day!

All gauge bosons are their own anti-particles. Think about it, if you will, as if they are themselves the product of annihilation. They cannot annihilate any further.

Think about it as all particle-antiparticle pairs that mutually annihilate do so by offering each other opposite quantum numbers "to annihilate with".

Gauge bosons have no non-zero quantum numbers to "annihilate with" in a manner of speaking.

Gravitons are gauge bosons.