Why "quark"?

1 hour ago, martillo said:

Just a question: Why I am retained as "quark" in my profile?

I think there are categories determined by the number of posts one has made. It seems to be a feature of the forum software. A bit childish in my view, but nobody pays any attention to it so it doesn't actually matter. 

1 hour ago, exchemist said:

I think there are categories determined by the number of posts one has made. It seems to be a feature of the forum software. A bit childish in my view, but nobody pays any attention to it so it doesn't actually matter. 

That's fine. Is just that if I enter my profile page I see "rank molecule" while in the left bar it is said "Retained quark" and in the posts "quark" appear. A bit curious about.

6 minutes ago, martillo said:

That's fine. Is just that if I enter my profile page I see "rank molecule" while in the left bar it is said "Retained quark" and in the posts "quark" appear. A bit curious about.

Can’t help there. I pay little attention to that stuff.

3 hours ago, exchemist said:

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/50868-what-are-the-post-count-ranks/

Posts in certain sections don’t count toward this, and I’m not entirely certain the latest forum iterations update the titles

52 minutes ago, swansont said:

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/50868-what-are-the-post-count-ranks/

Posts in certain sections don’t count toward this, and I’m not entirely certain the latest forum iterations update the titles

I took a look at the thread in the link. Seems only the posts in the sciences' forums count for the rank. I have many posts in the Speculations forum so it makes sense to remain as "quark". I just got curious because at the profile page "quark" appears under the "Retained" title and I just stood wondering if I would have been retained because of something and what that would mean, just that.

Just to mention, these posts I published in this forum didn't augment the number of posts appearing in my posting remaining in 600 for now.

Edited by martillo

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to me now that the category associated to a member (displayed just below the nickname) is more related to the net number of likes received than the number of posts made and curiously negative ones count the same as positive ones...

Edited by martillo