How are the poor doing under Bush?

Pangloss

Why wouldn't it be? The Iraq War is a relevent metric for relating to any kind of spending. It's all spending, and it's all relevent. The point I'm trying to get across here is that we spend great heaping amounts of money on welfare, and it gets us nowhere. Meanwhile we spend a fraction of that amount on Iraq, and some knuckleheads run around trying to make it sound like it's going to wreck the economy.

Perspective is important. The lack of it is one of the reasons why we can't get our act together. The manipulation of it is why the 30% on either political extreme controls the tone and direction of political change in this country.

... Now' date=' mind you, these statistics come from Bill O'Reilly and his "crack research staff" (to steal one of David Letterman's favorite lines). I don't know if these numbers are accurate, or where they come from. Sources were not cited in the show, nor in the online version of the story, which may be found here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169347,00.html

So if anybody has a problem with the numbers I'll be happy to try and dig deeper and see if they're bunk. ...[/quote']

I do rather have a problem with the numbers; I am disturbed that you present the numbers first, and then state that you have no idea how reliable they are.

I want to know where they come from, who compiled them, where the money was spent, how the money was accounted for in the budget ...

True' date=' but if each successive president does better than the one before, eventually it will be eliminated. After all, things like poverty can't be solved overnight

Mokele[/quote']

The gov't can't solve poverty, only the individual can solve poverty.

If people just went back to get educated a good amount of this would be solved. Many people look into the future incorrectly and choose the wrong lifestyle. I've always been on my feet and very paranoid so I don't have many money issues.

Heck, I'm a dumpster diver. I can make quick cash from the resources around me. I made $15 in 10 minutes.

We don't teach people how to think for themselves. How to manipulate things around them. Education is so screwed up worldwide that it creates a social conflict.

The educated, the wealthy, and others are willing to oppress others so they stay on top. While they are they staying busy, people are wandering around not aware of everything going on. Money seems like a serious issue, but if people were to go back to school or higher education, some nations would become a greater super power.

I don't want to anger anyone when I say this, but I think America isn't really much of a super power anymore. People are stupid and poor. If this trend keeps up, we're all going downhill. They are poor because they are stupid. If they had more knowledge, they would be able to be more sucessful. Instead they dwindle time on stupid projects and being continuously brainwashed by media support by tycoons of higher social class.

However, this is going to change because of the Internet. What happens in the .. 2005-1994=9 +10 years.. next ten years about so will be interesting.

Kids will have grown up with the Internet by their side to obtain knowledge and become more educated than before. As grown adults there may be more of a competition than we are aware of today.

I do rather have a problem with the numbers; I am disturbed that you present the numbers first' date=' and then state that you have no idea how reliable they are.

I want to know where they come from, who compiled them, where the money was spent, how the money was accounted for in the budget ...[/quote']

The subsequent discussion is sourced, JP. Please read the entire thread.

However' date=' this is going to change because of the Internet. What happens in the .. 2005-1994=9 +10 years.. next ten years about so will be interesting.

Kids will have grown up with the Internet by their side to obtain knowledge and become more educated than before. As grown adults there may be more of a competition than we are aware of today.[/quote']

Yeah, they will be able to play games and find out where the latest celeb used the toilet faster than ever before...

I think the internet has and will accelerate the distribution of wealth out of the US.