Kardashian 'Lemme' vaginal gummies: A new assault on womens self-perception?

StringJunky

This marketing reminds me of past marketing campaigns targeting peoples insecurities about their social acceptability potential, like deodorant campaigns. The difference I think this time is that scientifically-naive women will cause themselves real harm following this particular campaign because to me it's a new frontier that the idiot is pursuing for  personal enrichment. I can see allied products coming in future in a trend that wil cause tangible, long term adverse effects to their bodily function... the thin end of a commercially-motivated  insidious wedge.

I think goverment agencies should come down hard on this quack science. The first adverse effects could well be altering pH outside of its protective functional range to precipitate population booms of pathogenic organisms, which are always there, but are suppressed by larger popuations of  Lactobacillus spp etc

Gynaecologists have slammed Kourtney Kardashian 's latest product launch - a 'vaginal health gummy' that claims to improve 'freshness and taste'.

The 43-year-old reality star introduced Lemme to her millions of followers on Monday, encouraging them to "give your vagina the sweet treat it deserves (and turn it into a sweet treat)."

But medical professionals have branded the supplement as 'patriarchy in a pot' - and have deterred people with vaginas and vulvas from obtaining advice from the Poosh founder, instead advising those with certain symptoms to consult a GP.

Dr Anita Mitra, a gynaecologist and a scientist with a PhD on the vaginal microbiome, detailed her five reasons why she wouldn't spend money on a celebrity-promoted vaginal health gummy - with one of the reasons listed that the product is "anti-feminist".

Kourtney is filmed surrounded by cats in the promotional video, where she then consumes a Lemme gummy, with the caption: "Your [cat emoji] is going to love this… Meet Lemme Purr: our new vaginal health gummy".

The post - shared on both Kourtney and Lemme's pages - continues to claim: "We combined real pineapple and Vitamin C with the power of clinically-studied SNZ 1969™ probiotics to target vaginal health and pH levels that support freshness and taste."

Outlining her concerns, Dr Anita Mitra, who is also the author of 'The Gynae Geek,' responded: "1. The terms 'probiotic' and 'microbiome' are often thrown around as powerful marketing terms which after often used to give many products some seemingly credible properties. Unfortunately probiotics are not a panacea for health.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/gynaecologists-slams-kourtney-kardashians-vagina-29164195

I've used this Mirror article purely because it came up first and I think it reasonably presents the issue.

Edited by StringJunky