The Last Messiah - Simplified Translation – Peter Wessel Zapffe

Ismael Hegazy

Dedication : To the soul of Abdel Rahman Badawi (1917 - 2002) , the late Egyptian philosopher who was a major reason for the interest and reading of many people in the Arab world for Western and Eastern philosophies. 

Preface : To whom it may concern , I present this simplified English translation of the essay "The Last Messiah" to all the lovers of Philosophy and Anthropology around the world , especially to the speakers of English as a second language. 

When I was completing this translation , I took into account that I must simplify - as possible - all the words and expressions that some may find ambiguous or might be misunderstood , and I did that - as possible - without making any distortion of the meaning or the context. 

I do not forget to express my thanks and respect to Professor Gisle R. Tangenes , for his translation of the original essay from the Dano-Norwegian language , without which there would not have been an Arabic translation of the essay (which was Gratefully done by Karim Saad and Ahmed Qayati) , and I would not have been able to make this simplified translation without his original translation. 

And this essay (published in 1933) written by the Norwegian philosopher

Peter W. Zapffe (1899-1990) , is no less wonderful and important than the novel "Hayy ibn Yaqdhan" which was written by the Arab philosopher

Ibn Tufayl (1110-1185). 

And because philosophy and science in general were transferred interchangeably from the ancient Greeks to the Arabs , then from the Arabs to the Europeans in the Middle Ages , and finally from the Europeans in the Renaissance era and the modern era to all peoples of the world ; and since languages are the means of that philosophical and scientific exchange , therefore I urge the speakers of English as a second language - if they have the Time and Ability - to translate this simplified English translation into their own native languages. 

Ismael Hegazy

(January 2023)

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

You can download the translation of the essay from the attachment

small.png

The Last Messiah - Simplified Translation.pdf

1 hour ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

We’re a discussion site, not your blog.

Was there something you wish to discuss?

I just wanted to post the translation and then we may discuss some of the ideas in the essay like tragedy and meaning of life etc.. , My best regards ..