HYGROSCOPIC CALCULATION

Luqas

Hello, 

Can you please help me with calculation of percentage of water absorption by hygroscopic powder. 

If material increase water content by 0.36% in 5h with 23% average air moisture, by how much water content will increase in same time but with 80% average air moisture. 

Thanks for all the help 

1 hour ago, Luqas said:

Hello, 

Can you please help me with calculation of percentage of water absorption by hygroscopic powder. 

If material increase water content by 0.36% in 5h with 23% average air moisture, by how much water content will increase in same time but with 80% average air moisture. 

Thanks for all the help 

If three monks can drink 15 bottles of wine in 5 hours how many monks can 24 bottles drink ?

We need much more information, mate.

11 hours ago, Luqas said:

How many monks can drink 24 bottles in 5 h? Answer ~5

My question was a joke.

Your question cannot be answered without further information.

I would be inclined to say zero because the dessicant has become saturated.

6 minutes ago, Luqas said:

What would you need to know to be able to answer my question. Original water content was 2% before exposure. 

I think the best thing would be a curve showing how the take-up of water varied over the 5 hours. One would expect an exponential of some kind, not a straight line.

Obviously a lot depends how how much dessicant you have, since as @studiotpoints out, if it is a small amount it could get saturated. 

Is this a homework question, or a real scenario that you have?