Task about acceleration

Orion Patterson

Hi there!
I recently received the following task.
A small block is attached to an ideal spring and is moving in SHM on a horizontal, frictionless surface. The amplitude of the motion is 0.240 m and the period is 3.08 s.
a. What is the acceleration of the block when x = 0.160 m?
I had difficulty solving this task. I will be very grateful for your help.

19 hours ago, swansont said:

What equation(s) have you learned that would apply to simple harmonic motion, that depend on amplitude, position and period?

(people aren't going to do the work for you)

I decided to ask this question at https://plainmath.net/49881/a-small-block-is-attached-to-an-ideal-spring-and There users gave me an explanation and solution. Can you please check if everything is correct in the calculations? 

In fact, I have a major difficulty with SHM, because I don't understand how it affects and how to start calculating. Most likely, I first need to determine the angular frequency. Right?

Edited by Orion Patterson

4 hours ago, Orion Patterson said:

In fact, I have a major difficulty with SHM, because I don't understand how it affects and how to start calculating. Most likely, I first need to determine the angular frequency. Right?

If your equation has frequency in it, yes. What equation are you thinking of using?