Extra Virgin Olive Oil Contains Anti-Inflammatory

Skye

great! use it for everything (except when wife has special recipe that requires specific other flavor cooking oil).

didnt realize it was extra healthy, just like it

I know the sharp back of throat sensation from E.V. oliveoil.

I liked your old avatar a lot. attitude.

The interesting thing to me is that this has only been found now. There's alot of far-reaching research into drug discovery, trekking through the Amazon to find remote tribes and whatnot, and yet they hadn't found something like in olive oil. It might be interesting to see some high throughput assays on common foods.

My house mate who had excess ear wax was told by the doctor to pour a little olive oil into his ear, wait a few minutes and then squirt it out with warm water. He told me the results were fantastic. I can't say I was to fussed about viewing the ...results, but thought you may be interested.

I'm sure there's a whole host of alternative methods to using pharmaceuticals, it's a shame there's a lack of research in this field. I'm not going to start ranting about huge profit making companies having hold of what research is funded, and the depletion of the rain forests et.c...opps I just did. :)

The interesting thing to me is that this has only been found now. There's alot of far-reaching research into drug discovery, trekking through the Amazon to find remote tribes and whatnot, and yet they hadn't found something like in olive oil. It might be interesting to see some high throughput assays on common foods.
Actually, if you check food items like cider vinegar, nutmeg, cinnamon, wheatgrass etc, you'll find that they are remedies for certain things.

other than Butter and toasted sesame oil, Olive oil is the only oil I use anyway :)

it doesn`t mention if it`s of any use as a topical treatment for skin inflamation, I know the stuff`s great as a skin moisturiser for babies or even for dry feet, and the use in the ear to break down wax works just great (esp if you heat it a little in a T`spoon over a candle flame then pour it in and chew some bubble gum on the other side with your head tilted to keep the oil in).

has anyone found any info for anti-inflamatory topical skin treatment properties?