OT/tangent from Was there a real Jesus of Nazareth ?

Peterkin

24 minutes ago, beecee said:

That's why you need faith and to hell with the scientific evidence, or lack thereof. Religion is needed by the majority out of fear of the evidenced supported facts of the finality of death. That scares the bejesus out of many. They prefer that warm, fuzzy, inner comforting feeling, and knowing they can go out and practise their fornication and then come back and all is forgiven!😄 That's why Jesus is real to them..that's why he is the Son of God in their eyes! Good luck to them I say, as long as they don't spread silly anti science nonsense and rumours!!

If you already understand the religious mindset so thoroughly, why bother discussing the origins of religious myth?

36 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

If you already understand the religious mindset so thoroughly, why bother discussing the origins of religious myth?

I stand by my reasoning. I experienced it as a child, and I have spoke to others about it. Note carefully, I did say "the majority" not all. Not sure though why the others would accept something for which there is no evidence, over the evidence of science, other then as I suggested, that fear of the finality of death. Or is it simply their faith in the  accuracy and details of the bible?

1 hour ago, beecee said:

Not sure though why the others would accept something for which there is no evidence,

Because it's irrelevant. Theirs is not an evidence-based culture. Different priorities, different POV, different perspectives.

5 hours ago, Peterkin said:

Because it's irrelevant. 

Is it? You appear to be making excuses for them. 

Doesn't affect me one way or the other, but if we call a spade a spade, it is certainly relevant in determining that such faith in Jesus is just plain ordinary unscientific myth.

Theirs is not an evidence-based culture. 

Obviously. 🥱

Different priorities, different POV, different perspectives.

They ( a great number of them) prefer that warm, fuzzy, inner comforting feeling, and knowing they can go out and practise their fornication and then come back and all is forgiven! Lead by the fear of the finality of death 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.