The Amazing (but Rather Vile) Exploding Whale! [Taiwan]

Kyrisch

ExplodingWhale.jpg

A dead sperm whale has exploded while being delivered to a research centre near the southwestern city of Tainan[sic].

...A marine biologist blamed the explosion on pressure from gases building up in the mammal as it began to decompose.

That's just disgusting, really. :eek:

There has been worse. Multiple whales have been blown up in history after somebody had the bright idea that burying TNT under and proceeding to detonate a whale was the sensible way to remove the public eye-sore that is a whale carcass.

It is really rather strange that people don't look at the results of other people's bright ideas before executing the said idea again. Either that or they do look at the result and somehow convince themselves that the result would be different when they do it themselves. I suppose thats human nature.

On a somewhat irrelevant but still related note, I have been told that one of the definitions of insanity is repeating the same action over many times only to have the same result each time and yet still expect the result to change. Of course it can also be said that this is the definition of persistence as well.

Darn it, will somebody poke me the next time I go well off the subject?