metaphasic radiation

reyam200

didn't mean to bite your head off, but things in star trek aren't real in any sense. They just string together a series of technical terms. Such as "we should start a baryon sweep" this includes most matter and could easily be done with your eyes, radar, or or microwaves. This would also serve virtually no purpose.

I remember that line because swansont suggested an exotic baryon sweep to one of his friends who was writing for the show (or something like that).

which episode was the metaphysic radiation used, I am an avid star trek fan so I want to go and see it.

it was used in the movie star trek insurrection. it continuasly replenishes the genetic structere, thus keeping you young

and warp drive is theroretical. it just hasn't yet bein succesfully tested. sub-space comunication is also being reasurched because it has some pormising results

warp drive is theoretical, but it wasn't when startrek first came up with the name (at least to my knowledge) although its never been tested, as it would take a significan't portion of all the energy in the universe to make work. not to mention how the hell would you warp space time to expand it?

subspace doesn't exist

how do you know sub-space doesn't exist? do you have proof?if you do, show me.

sub-space communication is simply a hyper compressed radio signal, having a frequincy of a few thousand terahertz (1 Thz = 1 trillion hz)its is theorised to travel severl times faster than normal radio transmisions, whicth contradicts einstine's law than c is the speed limit, so most scientists dropped the reasurch.

i think the laws of the universe are flawed, and humans are to stuburn to admit they made a mistake.

ZPE could be used for creating the Spacetime distortions. if we can somehow collect it.

you do know what zpe is right? its just the lowest possible energy state that a particle can occupy. a beam of light (cause thats what radio waves are) with a frequency of a few Thz is just a very high energy gamma ray, and while a few theories include some aspects that seem to suggest that high energy light will travel slightly faster than low energy light. It is all highly theoretical, and no where near where research could be done. also how the hell could you generate or later capture a signal that has a 1 Thz frequency

My proof that there is no such thing as subspace however is that a 1 Thz signal does not constitute anything that couldn't exist in our universe, there would be no reason to call it sub-space. This means to me that sub-space is a bit of technobabble strung together to make good scifi.

Ansible was far closer to having any real meaning. (although you would need someone more competent in quantum mechanics to describe this to you).

Also the burden of proof lye's on the person who is making the claim that some bit of techno-babble is real not on me to proove that it isn't. As that would require me to be knowledgable of future physical theories. This is not science

i only used the word sub-space, because thats the only name i know for that kind of communication. weather sub-space exists or not is irrelavent to this dissusion. as i said its only theoretical.

faster than light travel was theoretical before star trek, einstine and other scientists theorised it. its just after star trek came out that they called it warp drive.

faster than light travel was theoretical before star trek, einstine and other scientists theorised it. its just after star trek came out that they called it warp drive.

of course it was theoretical before warp drive, in fact before Einstein everyone assumed that you could easily keep on accelerating from 0 to infinite velocity. Warp Drive is merely one hypothetical method of faster than light travel, not faster than light travel in general.

proove to me that even 1 scientist proposed in a peer-reviewed journal that this form of communication could exist

if that never happened than its not theoretical its conjecture. The equivalent to saying you know if I mixed plutonium and uranium together and ran a bajillion volts through it I could make a machine that would produce infinite energy.

I assume you meant nikola tesla ;)

you may want to consider though that tesla was a tad bit on the nuts side towards the end of his life before you use him as the basis of your argument. For instance he claimed that he had created a unified field theory that he never unveiled. He also supposedly created a "death ray"

I personally feel that although he was brilliant, you have to take what he did with a grain of salt. especially the stuff that he claimed he did at the end of his life

well, it is possible to make a "death ray". im sure you could think of what to use, its pretty simple to kill a human.

im not very good at spelling.

unfortuneatly he did get a bit crazy at the end of his life, but thats understandable considering the ideas he thought of. weapons of mass distruction. vets of nam often go insain from the amount of death they saw, and caused.

any moral person would soon have a breakdown from that kind of ideas.

and alot of people go nuts when they get older(sinilaty. i think.)

well, it is possible to make a "death ray". im sure you could think of what to use, its pretty simple to kill a human.

im not very good at spelling.

unfortuneatly he did get a bit crazy at the end of his life, but thats understandable considering the ideas he thought of. weapons of mass distruction. vets of nam often go insain from the amount of death they saw, and caused.

any moral person would soon have a breakdown from that kind of ideas.

and alot of people go nuts when they get older(sinilaty. i think.). he defanatly was a brillient man, in his younger years.

take a look at his idea of a death ray, or the tele whatchamakalit

he thought that you could instantly vaporize entire armies and such from 250 miles away. go read a bit about what he was saying with these thinks, there plane nuts

although I will admit most of his research was classified at the end of his life and alot of it remains classified today, I think its mostly because some colonel thought that there was a 1 in a million chance that he was right, I'm sure nothing came of this work though as the cold war would never have happened

if you mean death ray as in something that would burn holes in various objects then its been around since the 70's. The Laser. In fact there is a new system to shoot down icbms being built by the airforce, They basicly put a 1MW laser in a 747 and fly it to where ever its needed, then the 747 can shoot down any missle launched within 200 miles. but it takes something the size of a 747 to carry and it has about 20 shots before it runs out of the chemicals it needs to generate the laser

My personal opinion of tesla's death ray is that its a load of crap. it sounds like he was talking about producing a high powered beam of electrons to fire upon enemy aircraft. This would most likely require huge amounts of energy and make the plant unfeasible.

the idea of using lasers for this purpose is now readily being explored however.

well ya, but how would it work?

what kind of radiation would it use?

ive turned a TV into a plasma gerorater(one of the old ones that use a electron gun). it was really cool, i contained the plasma by magnets and EM coils, than released it and it traveled forwad for a sec than disapated.

it may have potential for a weapon. if i can get it to travel further.

plasma isn't much of a weapon unless its really hot, I use my microwave to generate plasma all the time. In fact a candle flame is a kind of plasma

a space weapon capable of decimating large areas of land would probably be a sattelite that collected massive amounts of light and then fired a large beam of microwaves down at the ground. This could be a very potent weapon

hmm. thats really cool. the US should build somthing like that. im sure THAT could be built. we use microwaves in everyday life. it would have to be powerful tho. to get through the earths EM field, as it protects us from the suns harmful radiation.

it wouldn't protect from mirowaves, the earths atmosphere is virtually clear to them. The idea has been considered for solar power stations that beam enerrgy to earth. Howerver for a weapon the station would be destroyed by enemy missles etc. it would cost billions, and there isn't much of a use for it anymore