OT/hijack What made you stop believing in God?

Charles 3781

5 minutes ago, joigus said:

In my case, it had nothing to do with god; it was that the process of believing itself ground to a halt.

I no longer believe anything.

I empathise with you.  I don't believe in Black Holes, Gravitational Waves, and especially the Higgs Boson.  These absurd figments of the imagination have undermined our belief in Science.

But they are only passing phenomena.  Comparable to "epicycles" and "phlogiston" in the history of Science.  They will soon be exploded and dismissed,  as Science progresses.

As regards God,  I think He's probably a manifestation of the future collective intelligence of the human species, when we have achieved, through Science, the ability to travel through time.

!

Moderator Note

If you have an issue with such subjects, you are free to start up a thread in speculations to present your scientific critique - if it indeed a scientific critique.

But a whining list of science you don’t like isn’t going to cut it. And hijacking a thread to do it is just trolling, and won’t be tolerated