Looking for Science Consultant for Sci-Fi Series

Tamas

For the past three years we have been working on a sci-fi space opera series called Cosmos. This will be a three season long, CGI series, taking place several hundred years in the future with robots, aliens, and good old science. It is Star Trek meets I, Robot, told my Neil deGrasse Tyson. We have a good portion of the story sketched out now, and we are about to start working on the scripts. However, we would like more science and less fiction in our story (more The Martian, less Star Wars), so we need all of the futuristic sci-fi elements to have a very good foundation in real-life physics, no mumbo jumbo. For that reason, we need knowledgeable science consultants, who are passionate about movies, and are happy to lecture the writers about what is possible, as well as tell them interesting science facts we can throw in there. We believe real science is more interesting than fiction, and that there is a lot left to explore. 

Due to the nature of the project, we are looking for people who have a general knowledge about either astrophysics, quantum mechanics or computer science. At the current stage we can't afford financial compensation, but if you stick with us and help us push the show throw the pitches, then you will be formally hired as a science consultant with a salary.

If this is something that interests you, and you know you can commit long term, please let me know and I will get back to you.

Kind regards,

Tamas Wright

Space_Scene_Shot_4.0001.jpeg

!

Moderator Note

I have hidden posts that were pitches, as that's OT.

Advertising is against our rules, but if your writers have science questions to ask, they are free to do that here. It's happened a number of times with aspiring authors.

Personally, I have consulted with someone working for a prominent space-based show, who was their science consultant and later a writer, story editor and is now an executive producer with another prominent show. A quite expansive one, in fact.

Ask away