Plastic Polymers

andreashha

Hello everyone, I am currently writing a chemistry assignment in English and wanted to know if what I have wrote is true.

Text:

The term plastic is a broad term for synthetic polymers that applies to a wide range of materials that is very energy efficient and doesn’t require time-consuming manual work to produce. Polymers are large molecules all created by the process of polymerization, which is a chemical bonding of large numbers of smaller molecules or repeating units of monomers connected by covalent chemical bonds. 

2 hours ago, andreashha said:

Hello everyone, I am currently writing a chemistry assignment in English and wanted to know if what I have wrote is true.

Text:

The term plastic is a broad term for synthetic polymers that applies to a wide range of materials that is very energy efficient and doesn’t require time-consuming manual work to produce. Polymers are large molecules all created by the process of polymerization, which is a chemical bonding of large numbers of smaller molecules or repeating units of monomers connected by covalent chemical bonds. 

I might be helpful to know your brief and source material, since this is a writing assignment.
Is it a comprehension task, based on a given passage in English, or Is it your own composition ?

I ask because it is nearly true but scientifically the word plastic is not the same as you have indicated.
Your use is correct from an English point of view as modern usage has mixed up 'plastic' with particular artificial materials.

Plastic is an older term relating to certain types of mechanical behaviour of any material whatsoever. Natural or artificial.
Basically when plastic material is deformed by some load or force it stays deformed after the load is removed.
It does not spring back like elastic materials.

The difficulty is that there are some very hard materials included in the plastics category - for example bakelite and some 'hard as metal glues', resin concretes and composites.
Usually the word has plastic has the s added (plastics) to create this category.

The rest of your description is pretty good.
Plastics are energy efficient; the plastic part is formed from synthetic high polymers.

Does this help ?