Need Help to Answers ASAP to pass the course

Countygirl

Really difficult questions and I cant get my head around them. I've tried multiple time however can't seem to get it right. Any help or answers would be most appreciated.

Question 1

A sandstone reservoir is 50m thick and 100m wide, it has a porosity of 10% and a permeability of 5×1013m2, a density of 2.3×103kgm3 and a specific heat of 1000Jkg°C. The rock temperature is 90 °C. The fluid has a density of 965.3kgm3 and specific heat of 3.8204KJkg°

If my well spacing is 1000m, what is the amount of Heat in Place available if the injection temperature is 50 °C?

Heat in place is given by HIP=Vres(TprodTinj)×λ.

Bulk heat capacity of water-rock is given by λ=(1ϕ)×ρrcr+ϕρfcf

Calculate the heat in place with injection temperature of 50 °C. Give your answer in scientific notation and one decimal like X.X * 10^(XX) Be sure to check the units.

Question 2

What is the flow rate needed to generate 1MW of thermal power from the sandstone of the previous question? Give your answer in scientific notation wih two decimals like X.XX * 10^(X). Power is given by: P=ρfcf(TprodTinj)Q

15 minutes ago, Countygirl said:

A sandstone reservoir is 50m thick and 100m wide, ...................................

If my well spacing is 1000m,

Are you sure of these three figures ?

A well every kilometre on a strip that narrow?

OK so be it.

So you have the volume of the 'reservoir' available to each well.

You are given the density, porosity (phi if I am not mistaken) and specific heat of the rock and injected fluid.

So you can do a "heat gained by fluid  = heat lost by rock" calculation to establ;ish Tprod, which I assume is the eqyilibrium temperature produced.

Thus you can substitute into the first equation (HIP) given.

Where do you think the permeability comes into things ?

You need to show some working, we don't do the calculations for you, but might help you check them.