Temporary OCD

jutntog1

{mod pleese move this if it belongs elsewhere}

This may just be med student syndrome (though i am technically/and literally not at medical school just studying medicine my self). But i am wondering anyways

I seem to develop (more than habitably) "Obsessions" about many different things about a month ago it was did I accidentally leave AOL instant messenger up on the computer. I would totally freak out about it even if people told me (who where with me at the time) that I didn't this was reoccurring, Because of this "Obsession" I would feel the need to check it, that often meant doing things I really did not want to do like go home etc. From what i have read this is very symptomatic of OCD.

After a while of realizing how extremely irrational this is I forced myself to quit. So I am wondering is it possible I have OCD or a form of OCD but it is to a low enough degree I can over come it.

There are other strong examples like the one above but there are other much less typically OCD examples of obsessions.

I need to be listening to music and if i am not ill go very much out of my way too.

If I don’t know what something is or a lot about something I feel the NEED not just want to go home or to a computer and look it up on wikipedia. And again will go out of my way to do so.

if my cell phone isn’t near me I freak out and need to get near a phone, and if my phone is out of battery I will go way out of my way to sit by a charger so I can charge it and hear if someone’s calling....

So I am wondering your serous thoughts thanks...