How to deliver miRNA to hCMEC/D3 cell line?

Hi everyone!

One of the steps of my research project requires delivery of miRNA to the hCMEC/D3 cell line. I've read that naked miRNAs are poorly taken up in vitro due to their negative charge - can someone suggest delivery methods (along with protocols) that overcome this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by MM20

If it is part of a lab, I would expect that folks will let you know which what the standard procedures in the lab are. If it is a theoretical course, or if you need to establish protocols as part of your thesis, I would probably start with transfection kits from the usual manufacturers (again, ask you supervisor regarding suppliers in your region). While they often do not have too much details on optimization strategies, their protocols are usually very detailed and are a good starting point.

In parallel I would look into papers doing these types of transfections using your cell line- I am not familiar with it, but optimization is often cell line dependent.