How do I get published? (split from "Guidelines for Participating in Speculations Discussions" — Discussion Thread)

thetwoyous

Your stated "So if you have a firm knowledge about the physiological basis of memory, can show why present ideas fail, and can show that your ideas fit very well in what we do know, please, present your ideas. But as said, why not publish them in a scientific journal?"  I have worked on the physiological basis of memory for decades.  Self published a book that deals with this topic extensively, but I don't know how to go about getting an article published in a scientific journal.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

You need to be familiar with the journals in the topic, but they all should have formatting and submission guidelines, and you can see what articles in their publication look like and see if your tone and format are consistent.