It's a Vile World After All...

Kyrisch

(It helps if you hum the melody of "It's a Small World" while reading the following):

It's a world of evil, a world of hate,

It's a world of destruction, well ain't this great.

With the planes which we ride, and the terrorists' suicides,

It's a vile world after all...

It's a vile world after all,

It's a vile, vile world.

It's a world of war and a world of strife.

It's a world of people taking other people's life

With the weapons that we make and the lives that we take

It's a vile world after all...

It's a vile, vile world.

It's a world of anger, a world of fear

It's a world of anguish, a world of tears

And not even them, whom preach goodness really can

Live in perfect harmony...

----------------------------------------------------------

And now for the question:

Do you think we, as a species, are ever going to stop? I'm sure you know what I mean.

Btw, I wrote that song while standing in line for the actual ride with that maddening melody playing on a loop in the background. I decided to write something more truthful.

...the media rarely reports anything good that happens, and they sensationalize the bad stuff to the hilt.

Sure - terrible things happen. On 9/11 nine terrorists managed to take out over 3,000.

However, at the same time, millions and millions of people were not bombing anyone and a lot of them were actively helping others.

I've only got one shot at this life. I intend to enjoy it and make it as pleasurable for myself and my family as I can. If I have the bad luck to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and get blown to smithereens - that's tough, but I'm not going to spend the rest of my life living in a bomb shelter.

Hell - I spent my elementary and high school years practicing "duck and cover" (what to do at school in the event of a nuclear attack - "put your head between your knees and kiss your a$$ goodbye."). The whole world was at a much greater risk for annihilation than it is right now.

There will always be evil people in the world. But they are the minority. If you let them get to you, they win.