Where to buy custom-sized plastic hobby gears?

Terry_55

I'm doing a project that requires gears and don't need/want anything expensive, so those hobby gear-kits look like they'll work, but I need the gears to be a specific size, and the only ones I've seen just come in standard sizes. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a site online that sells inexpensive plastic hobby gears custom cut to size?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Terry_55 said:

I'm doing a project that requires gears and don't need/want anything expensive, so those hobby gear-kits look like they'll work, but I need the gears to be a specific size, and the only ones I've seen just come in standard sizes. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a site online that sells inexpensive plastic hobby gears custom cut to size?

Thanks.

Have you tried 3-D printing? There may be companies or hobbyists who will do it for cheap, especially if you have the drawing file already done (and want several of the same size, so the setup isn't just for one item). If they have to do the CAD work, it will cost more, but you may be able to scale a standard drawing to the needed size. 

Check out the Maker Bot Thingiverse. That's a collection of shared designs. 

Some libraries have 3D printers you can use. Here's one map showing where some are; I'm sure there are others