Operation Northwoods

MetaFrizzics

I moved this post here because it really belongs here in politics:

By the way, have you looked at operation Northwoods? That was the Pentagon proposal by the Chiefs of Staff to Kennedy that they hijack a plane and crash it into some U.S. target, killing hundreds(thousands?) of their own citizens and then blame the Cubans. Kennedy said NO and was assassinated 3 months later. Isn't that idea creepily familiar now?

Do you have a source for this, a real source?

Try the US Government Declassified Archives right here:

Northwoods Operation

Here's an alternate link to the .pdf file

Northwoods Op 2

If that doesn't spell it out for you, do a search with Dogpile "Operation Northwoods".

... 7. Hijacking attempts against civil air and surface craft

should appear to continue as harassing measures condoned by the

government of Cuba. Concurrently' date=' genuine defections of Cuban

civil and military air and surface craft should be encouraged.

8. It is possible to create an incident which will demonstrate

convincingly that a Cuban aircraft has attacked and shot down

a chartered civil airliner enroute from the United States to

Jamaica, Guatemala, Panama or Venezuela. The destination would

be chosen only to cause the flight plan route to cross Cuba.

The passengers could be a group of college students off on a

holiday or any grouping of persons with a common interest to

support chartering a non-scheduled flight.

a. An aircraft at Eglin AFB would be painted and

numbered as an exact duplicate for a civil registered

aircraft belonging to a CIA proprietary organization in the

Miami area. At a designated time the duplicate would be

subsituted for the actual civil aircraft and would be

loaded with the selected passengers, all boarded under

carefully prepared aliases. The actual registered

aircraft would be converted to a drone. ...[/quote']

A few more interesting links:

Alternate Hypothesis

Secret Holes in Radar

Here's another great discussion on Drone Planes:

Drone Tech pdf

Robot Attack Jets

A member of the inquiry team, a US Air Force officer who flew over 100 sorties during the Vietnam war, told the press conference: “Those birds (commercial airliners) either had a crack fighter pilot in the left seat, or they were being maneuvered by remote control.”

Commercial Pilot Analysis of Flights

How Many Planes?

And I'll repeat what I asked in the other thread:

I've read your source. Please identify on which page of the document this specific plan is mentioned. The only one of several plans that could actually have resulted in loss of life was that to sink Cuban refugee boats (real or simulated).

And I'll repeat what I said too:

Dozens of ideas were discussed in the document in a 'mix and match' basis. I've already explained why even the Joint Chiefs of Staff were somewhat careful what they actually put in writing, even when hiding it from the Chairman. Its called Covert Ops for a reason.

only one of several plans could actually have resulted in loss of life - to sink Cuban refugee boats
"Gee, only garlic eating 'Spics' would be killed Mr. President: Not 'real' Americans."

Then again, they opened fire on unarmed Ohio State University students.

I guess I've misjudged them.

By the way, just how do you expect to 'discredit' a declassified document written by the JTS and posted on the Govt Archives website?

They damn well wrote every last comma including spelling errors.

"sink refugee boats" - nice euphemism for murdering innocent people.

That was the Pentagon proposal by the Chiefs of Staff to Kennedy that they hijack a plane and crash it into some U.S. target, killing hundreds(thousands?) of their own citizens and then blame the Cubans. Kennedy said NO and was assassinated 3 months later.
Do you have ANY substantiation for any of this ?

Thats between the lines, but awfully loud to anyone with a clue.

Translation: It's not in there at all, but if you have a hefty dose of imagination and paranoia, you can pretend it is.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff suggested multiple scenarios for attacking U.S. property and citizens in a covert operation and blaming the Cubans (in order to excuse an invasion). Some of the suggestions and many of the variations clearly involve danger to human life and probable killings, possibly involving U.S. citizens too.

Are you just hoping no one reads the document?

Are you suggesting there is no parallel to the current Middle East conflict?

Do you have ANY substantiation for any of this ?
Do you need assistance reading the date of the document, or finding out the date of the assassination of President Kennedy?

Come on, how lame is it going to get here about this?

Perhaps the document is in code, and it is really all about harmless practice exercises in the Pentagon cafeteria involving paint-guns.

So far you've just criticized my understanding of the significance of this document:

What is your interpretation of the document?

Perhaps the Democrats faked the document and planted it in the Government Archives to make the Republicans look bad!?!?

A fair-handed account of the Northwoods Operation and the background can be found here:

Exerpt from Body of Secrets by J.Bamford (2001 doubleday publ.)

The Joint Chiefs of Staff suggested multiple scenarios for attacking U.S. property and citizens in a covert operation and blaming the Cubans (in order to excuse an invasion). Some of the suggestions and many of the variations clearly involve danger to human life and probable killings' date=' possibly involving U.S. citizens too.

Are you just hoping no one reads the document?

Are you suggesting there is no parallel to the current Middle East conflict?[/quote']MetaFrizzics (good name by the way). I have read the document carefully. The only scenario discussed which might have resulted in loss of life, was as previously noted, one in which an attack on Cuban refugees fleeing to Miami would have been made to appear to be the work of Castro. And, as noted, that was possibly to be a faked attack.

A boatload of refugees does not equate to thousands of US citizens.

I also think it is disingenuous of you to use terms such as 'spic' to suggest that I value the life of an American over that of a Cuban refugee. You are attempting to draw attention away from the fact that your claim is simply not substantiated by your documentation.

You may be correct: I may not be well versed in covert ops, but I am well versed in conspiracy theory and paranoia. This reeks of both.

Perhaps the Democrats faked the document and planted it in the Government Archives to make the Republicans look bad!?!?

Um, Kennedy was a Democrat. Ergo, the documents, assuming they aren't fake (which is a big question in my mind), would incriminate the Democrats.

Glad you could find a way to make the idea of 'fake documents' sound plausible. Good luck convincing others on that.

The suggested operations grew progressively more outrageous. Another called for an action similar to the infamous incident in February 1898 when an explosion aboard the battleship Maine in Havana harbor killed 266 U.S. sailors. Although the exact cause of the explosion remained undetermined, it sparked the Spanish-American War with Cuba. Incited by the deadly blast, more than one million men volunteered for duty.

Lemnitzer and his generals came up with a similar plan. "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," they proposed; "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

There seemed no limit to their fanaticism: "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington," they wrote. "The terror campaign could be pointed at Cuban refugees seeking haven in the United States.

We could sink a boatload of Cubans en route to Florida (real or simulated). . . . We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States even to the extent of wounding in instances to be widely publicized."

Do you think it is possible to blow up a U.S. Navy vessel and list the causalties in U.S. newspapers without killing any U.S. servicemen?

And by the way does that scenario sound familiar? It ought to, since they have done this too, long after the Northwoods Operation proposals.

Recall the June 8, 1967, Israeli attack on the USS Liberty, and American complicity in the attack.

During the Six Day War, the Liberty, an American intelligence gathering ship, was sailing in international waters. Israeli aircraft and torpedo boats attacked it for 75 minutes. Read the story at the USS Liberty Memorial Website, at http://www.USSLiberty.com

When four US fighter jets from a nearby aircraft carrier came to protect the Liberty, President Johnson, through Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, ordered the jets NOT to come to the Liberty's aid. Johnson reported said he did not care who was killed or what happened to the ship, he just didn't want his allies embarassed.

http://157.238.204.10/lewis.txt

Mirror of this page:

http://www.public-action.com/911/USSLiberty-lewis.txt

The Israeli attack was allowed to cotinue. Thirty-fourAmericans were killed and 171 wounded, thanks to the treason of an American president and defense seretary.

....And I notice you're carefully avoiding the thousands of people that would have been killed if the generals had actually started a war with Cuba.

but I am well versed in conspiracy theory and paranoia. This reeks of both.
Who needs conspiracy theories when the Elite of the U.S. Armed Forces Strategic Command are willing to sign their names to things this incredibly stupid?

Why wait for a conspiracy? Just fire the goofs and find someone with an I.Q. higher than 80 to do the job.