Just don’t tell anyone...

koti

A documentary potraying the lives of victims of sexual child abuse by priests in Poland and showing the conspiracy of silence by the church. This has 2.5mln views in just 15 hours after the premiere. I briefly checked the English subtitles, theyre not bad, definitely watchable. This documentary has been done totally independently with private funding (obviously), I did contribute a small amount of money to the making of this movie but I have no affilation or any comercial gain from it. Its 2 hours long, the maker stated he will give the rights to the movie to Netflix for free, for now its available for free on youtube:

I think this is an important step in changing things within the catholic church, being a pessimist I do not see the Vatican pleading in any way anytime soon to the atrocities potrayed in this film but at least people will know how these things actually go down. The most horrible part shown in the movie for me is the kid telling his mother about what some priest did to him and her not believing her son. Church has such incredible authority in small towns and vilages that they’re virtually untouchable, I hope this documentary will add some to changing this.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Godspeed.