How to work with coils?

Clark0717

so, ive been wondering how to do stuff with coils, specifically what source do I put on a coil. I know that a copper coil has 2 ends, do I put positive or negative on one end as its source? Are there any electrical stuff besides positive and negative? Why are some youtube vids use amplifiers on coils? How do I change electrical frequency just how I see it in videos, they use a tiny circuit board with a dial and a small screen?

5 hours ago, Clark0717 said:

o, ive been wondering how to do stuff with coils, specifically what source do I put on a coil.

It depends what you want to use the coil for. Is it an electromagnet (which probably wants DC), a transformer (that needs AC), a motor (can be AC or DC, depending on the type of motor), a loudspeaker (needs a varying signal representing the sound), a room heater (can be AC or DC), or ...

6 hours ago, Clark0717 said:

Are there any electrical stuff besides positive and negative?

No.

But it might depend on what you mean by "stuff".

Why are some youtube vids use amplifiers on coils?

Who knows. It depends on what they are doing in those videos I suppose.

How do I change electrical frequency just how I see it in videos, they use a tiny circuit board with a dial and a small screen?

Who knows. It depends what the "tiny circuit board" is. A signal generator? A filter? A radio receiver?