Access to .DLL list of functions

ChriDos

I'm making a script using AutoHotkey programming language but I want to expand its abilities by calling different types of .DLL functions. The problem is that other than most of the known windows standard .DLLs I cannot be aware of any other .DLL list of functions and their input demands.

Is there any website that can provide me with information about what I'm looking for?

PS. Please avoid suggesting me to try use the "dumpbin.exe /export .." command on the visual studio command prompt - doesn't work for me for some reason - plus It's best to know first what suits me for the job before downloading it.

Thank you.

Proprietary DLL-s can have SDK on manufacturer's website. If there is no public available SDK, there is no easy way to access these functions (apart from reverse engineering applications which utilize these functions), as you have no idea what to call, and in what order and with what parameters etc..

On 21.09.2018 at 6:34 AM, ChriDos said:

PS. Please avoid suggesting me to try use the "dumpbin.exe /export .." command on the visual studio command prompt - doesn't work for me for some reason

Maybe because it should be /exports rather than /export ...

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/756as972.aspx

(after going to \bin\ dir and trying to run dumpbin, I had error missing mspdb80.dll .. you have to locate it on disk and copy to the same folder as dumpbin).

Edited by Sensei

Sensi is correct.  However, if you simply want to read up on DLL's, then Microsoft has all the documentation on lline, as MSDN  (Microsoft Developer's Network).

But I think you will find there are just too many, and you likely need to narrow down to some subset, like are you interested in using MFC or ATL?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1ez7dh12.aspx