should i be worried? inhalation of acetic acid

pgiorgos

Hello everyone. I want to ask something. Maybe i am too scared with no reason. I inhaled a bit of acetic acid in the lab cause someone used a rota evaporator with acetic acid as organic solvent and at a point i was too close for about 20 minutes and i had a weird smell of acetic acid but because i am not so familiar yet with this stuff i was not sure it was acetic acid. It was not so annoying but after i left the lab i felt i cannot breath properly (maybe it is because i am too anxious). I also have a feeling like i want to cough all day. Maybe i am thinking too much i dont know but i want to know if its very dangerous cause i am try to learn every possible danger in the lab, Maybe i am not suitable for this place :p.  I used to work as an analytical researcher for many years and i used to do all my stuff with pc and not so much in the lab bench but i found a job and i wanted to try something different but i feel i cannot handle stuff like this. Maybe i am not so familiar yet i dont know

Edited by pgiorgos