Micropolitics

Emmabella

Hi everyone,

So, I have this subject at University called Work and Organizational Psychology, and in order to be graded, I need to make a presentation about Micropolitics.

Here comes the issues. Every time I search for the definition of micropolitics it shows as: The use of formal and informal power by individuals and groups to achieve their goals within organizations, as opposed to macropolitics. Which sounds very interesting indeed. The problem is when I take a look at some books to support my research, it seems to talk about something totally different.

Now I am really confused, what should I talk about? What should I mention? Which definition does micropolitics have? 

Can someone please give me like a map, about what should I include in my research? And which resources should I use? 

I really want to have a full grade, in order to be able to start with Masters later on. 

I am thankful for all your consideration and help

Best Emma

I’m not an expert in this space, but wonder if you would have better success searching for other terms. A few ideas:

- Office politics / organizational politics

- Tribalism (in corporations, at work, in influencing group decisions, etc.)

- Groupthink

You might also get some new insights and direction from articles like this: https://hbr.org/2017/04/the-4-types-of-organizational-politics

Good luck!