Voltage!!!

lifeisogood

I did this stuff decades ago and thought I'd never forget it, but I have.

You are looking at tricky question. It looks almost like the definition of the standard potential in which case the answer would be 0.76V

HOWEVER looking closely I see that the concentration of H+ is 0.001 M so I must use the Nernst equation. I have got to get the equation balanced and everything

That is way TOO difficult for my old old brain, fortunately google gives the answer on

http://www.science.uwaterloo.ca/~cchieh/cact/c123/nernsteq.html

this exact example is used and the equation is 3/4 ways down the page, just slot the numbers in and you have it.

What is the point in giving away solutions for free ?

lifeisogood : Do you understand what a Std Reduction Potential applies to, and what is the difference between [imath]\Delta E^0 [/imath] and [imath]\Delta E[/imath] ? The Nernst Equation tells you how to get one from the other.

how do i charge? use paypal??
Make him work it off by actually doing some of his own homework. We typically try not to provide the actual answers in Homework Help, just a few bumps in the right direction. It aids in the learning process, we find.

You know, give a man a fish, feed him for a day, but teach a man to fish....

sorry

I am effectively (with decades of neglect) approaching this subject from the point of view of a novice. and for other reasons i find it difficult to understand the rules of forum etiquette ( well the rules of etiquette period. )