Hex Pi?

Daecon

What would decimal fractions be like if we didn't count in Base 10?

I'm guessing 1.5 in decimal would be equal to 1.8 in hexadecimal, but what about with numbers that have more than one digit after the decimal point?

0.125 decimal would be about 0.2 hex I think?

Also, how do you say "five and a quater" in binary; 101.01?

You don't have quarters in binary, because 4 is a lot bigger than 1. In fact, you don't really bother with fractions.

As I understood it binary bits represent the following:

... 16 8 4 2 1 . 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16 ...

so 00010.0100

Would be 2.25

Depending on the type of binary bit for example a 10 bit mantissa and 4 bit exponant in 2's comp designates which bits are before or after the decimal place, and the values which they take.

I also belive it is possible to expland this system to hex although I can't really rember so it'd be something like:

...256 16 1 . 1/16 1/256...

As I understood it binary bits represent the following
Urm, bits are things you use in computing. When your using binary merely as a base 2 number system, then the numbers only represent themselves, nothing else.

Urm, bits are things you use in computing. When your using binary merely as a base 2 number system, then the numbers only represent themselves, nothing else.

It's because I've learnt it from a computing perspective, by bit I mean digit, an individule 0 or 1.