My Blood Group

Hey,

My blood gp is 'O' and my brothers gp is 'B' and 'AB'. of the basic knowledge of blood gp alleles that I have, we inherit from parents the type of gp that we possess.

So accordingly, if I reverse engineer it I find that one of my parents shud hav 'A' and other 'B'. When I enquired i found that my mom is dominant and carries B(hence BB)

Thus in that case, with these blood gp's

AO x BB

|

F1 : AB & OB (i.e B)

Thus can I conclude that I was one the adopted among all 3 children??? PLease help

Well I actually found that out from her blood gp. And since one of my brothers has an AB type and me O hence there needs to be a heterozygous father so that both A and O alleles can give an AB.

Skye can u please be more elaborate if wanna enquire more ??

Hey' date='

My blood gp is 'O' and my brothers gp is 'B' and 'AB'. [/quote']

You're probably not adopted. Say one parent is OA and the other is OB this gives the possibility of these combinations in their offspring:

OO

AB

OA

OB

O is recessive so they could have sired children with phenotypes O, AB, A and B

So in conclusion without knowing your parents phenotype your siblings could have any blood group.

So one of your parents are probably A and the other is B.