Cybernetic or Biological Immortality

Cortex

I am a senior in High School, as well as a biotechnology student. I have done extensive research on telomeres and the possibility of removing the Hayflick Limit entirely. In a very close vain, I have done much searching through cybernetics and bionics. This leads me to a question I struggle with " Is it possible to bit-by-bit replace the human body with bionics, leaving only the brain". We have been able to create synthetic neurons and connect bionic limbs to where other limbs used to be. I also struggle with the indefinite problem with aging within the brain and if you could recreate that in the same way. If you have any input at all it would be much appreciated.

It must be possible, but desirable? I'm not so sure. Yes, our bodies have their flaws but they are almost certainly more reliable than machines. On the matter of keeping the brain, why? I read a paper recently saying that a researcher had isolated an enzyme called reverse telomerase, and, with application to human cells, he immortalised them. Might be something worth checking out.

They've been focusing on senescent cells lately. I don't think it will produce immortality but significant life extension seems possible.

It is possible for some of our cells to extend their own telomeres. We'd need to figure out repair/replacement though before we can safely apply it to all of our cells.

The issue with the tolomeres is that it seems to be unknown whether or not it causes an increased chance of cancer. Bionics I feel will be the future, not only that but Atrificial Intelligence or a combination of both. dont you think?