Any GOOD real player codecs?

H2SO4

I had to refromat my computer, and didnt want to reinstal real player because real player has always SUCKED for me. My friend gave me a link to quicktime and real player alternatives. I installed them both, and the quicktime one sucked and the real player one didnt even work. I could never delete the real alternative because (although i didnt think about this at the time) its process was running (realsched) (i think). I ended that process and deleted its program file. I tried to install real player and it did'nt work for beans. I dont know why it didnt work. I installed quicktime and i always thought it sucked, but as long as you go into msconfig and configuer it to not start on startup its ok. But the real meaning of this post is to ask if there any good codecs that allow me to run a realmedia file on WMP or maybe even quicktime. Note that ive already tried real alternative. I read somewhere "real network" doesnt allow real media to play on any other type of player.

P.S. i am running xp on a new dell computer so its not that i have a windows 95 or anything.

In my experience RealPlayer has always sucked. Most of the time these days when you're downloading media, you have an option to use either Quicktime or Windows Media Player anyway. REAL PLAYER SUCKS.

To answer your question, no. I don't think it's possible to run realmedia on Quicktime or Windows Media. I would just give up and use Quicktime or Windows Media.

yes but real alternative also sucks. I installed it like 2 times and it never worked. It's process ran, but it never did. I dontn understand why people even put things in real media format.