Hijack from Jones Vector.....

wtf

I have a CV 15 pages long ...

Can't hold a job?

Just a joke. But your self-aggrandizing paragraph fairly cries out for mockery. Serious job hunting advice: Cut the resume down to two pages, max. One page if your name's not Max. A 15 page resume will be instantly roundfiled by any hiring manager.

Edited by wtf

Can't hold a job?

Just a joke. But your self-aggrandizing paragraph fairly cries out for mockery. Serious job hunting advice: Cut the resume down to two pages, max. One page if your name's not Max. A 15 page resume will be instantly roundfiled by any hiring manager.

the 15 pages turned out to be necessary for the last job that i obtained. the skillset was exactly what they required, and they went carefully through every single page asking relevant questions to check that i was in fact competent in the areas that i'd stated that i was. likewise when applying for the H1-B1 visa for Internet Security Systems, demonstrating unique skillsets was an absolute requirement.

i simply don't do "employment" any more. i'll do contracting, but the "lying" that is required (by omission) is not something i can tolerate. cutting down pages people demand "so what did you do during the missing years". when i give them the details and explain the comprehensive nature of what i am capable of, they become either scared that i will take THEIR job, or they go "you'll get bored. we can't hire you".

then there is the sheer fundamental pathological dishonesty behind "articles of incorporation" - if you are not familiar with this watch the first few minutes of the documentary "The Corporation". and then there is also the fact that in my line of work it is DEMANDED that i sign over all rights to every thought, idea, concept and design, usually these are blanket 24/7 demands. in effect, employment for someone at my skillset is nothing short of outright slavery. don't tell me that a "wage" is sufficient compensation for an organisation that could make 90% of its profits from a concept that you develop, make billions, and not compensate you proportionately to those profits.

anyway.

what does this have to do with the question, wtf? i don't see the relevance on a maths forum, where i've asked a specific question about maths. if i wanted job advice i would have asked for... job advice, and i would not have asked for job advice on... a maths forum.

wtf: i don't know if you're completely aware of quite how hurtful and denigrating your comments really are. i've reported your comment to the moderators of the site, on the basis that it brings the forum into disrepute, doesn't answer the question, and harms my reputation as well as that of the forum.

your comment has also unfortunately destroyed any opportunity for receiving an answer from anyone on this forum, when i went to a lot of trouble to write up an explanation of the problem's scope, as well as provide potential people considering answering it with some background about myself and my ability to understand their answer.

i trust that you will be a little more careful in future before posting comments that deeply offend people and prevent them from working with others to improve their knowledge and understanding of science.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.