Where does the energy for the multiple universe hypothosis come from?

humility

One thing that has always bugged me, other then the clearly dumb "us" centric way it tends to be portrayed. Is that everytime Ive heard the multiple universe hypothosis described, even on wikipedia. It seems to say that other universes pop out of nothing. If I make a right turn another universe is instantly made out of thin air where I made a left. Ignoring how absurd I find the idea that every flip of a coin spawns a universe. Where does the energy come from for any of these universes?

From my weak understanding of the most popular string theories, the energy from our universe came from a slow build up caused by the vibrations of the "strings" which eventually culminated in the big bang. Their energy comes more from a philosophical/mathematical construct, which professes in simplest form that they exist because the alternative was not existing. And true non existence is impossible as proven by existence. I always found it circular reasoning but its the best Ive ever heard. Still I've never seen anything that begins to suggest that string theory is capable of explaining the existing of an infinite number of universes expanding at a rate that is also infinite.

From my weak understanding of the most popular string theories, the energy from our universe came from a slow build up caused by the vibrations of the "strings" which eventually culminated in the big bang.

I have never heard that. However, there is a popular "zero energy" hypothesis that suggests that the total energy of the universe is zero.

As the "multiple universes" you are talking about is Everett's Many-Worlds interpretation of quantum theory (i.e. not a hypothesis or theory in its own right) then it cannot "require" any more energy than any other interpretation of quantum mechanics.

The Wikipedia page gives a couple of responses to this question:

MWI response: There are two responses to this objection. First, the law of conservation of energy says that energy is conserved within each universe. Hence, even if "new matter" were being generated to create new universes, this would not violate conservation of energy. Second, conservation of energy is not violated since the energy of each branch has to be weighted by its probability, according to the standard formula for the conservation of energy in quantum theory. This results in the total energy of the multiverse being conserved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation