Intro to Chem questions

thenamesjimfo

Hi! I'm having trouble with a review question. What is the mass of a single iodine molecule, I2?

it says the answer is 4.215x10e-22g and I am trying to figure out how to get that answer.

work out the I2 molar mass ---> use periodic table (review how to calculate molar mass) -----> molar mass means mass of one mole ----> one mole means 6.022*10^23 molecules---->check how many atoms are there in one molecule and then how may are there in one mole -----> divide the molar mass with total number of atoms in one mole of I2---->this will give the mass of one atom of I

work out the I2 molar mass ---> use periodic table (review how to calculate molar mass) -----> molar mass means mass of one mole ----> one mole means 6.022*10^23 molecules---->check how many atoms are there in one molecule and then how may are there in one mole -----> divide the molar mass with total number of atoms in one mole of I2---->this will give the mass of one atom of I

Oh okay! Thank you so much for breaking it down. I appreciate it!