Neuroscientist with metal in body

Hi everyone,

i am studying in the field of neuroscience and my goal is to do research with fMRI.

However, I am also going to need surgery soon and a piece of metal will be implanted in my jaw.

Is there anyone who knows whether this could be a disadvantage working with fMRI?

I am aware that I would not be able to be a subject in the scanner. But what about entering the fMRI room, setting up and these things?

Sorry for the silly question. But maybe someone can tell me whether it would really be a disadvantage.

Thank you in advance!

But what about entering the fMRI room, setting up and these things

While the fMRI isn't on it shouldn't be a problem.

a piece of metal will be implanted in my jaw.

What type of metal?? is there non-ferromagnetic options??

Is there anyone who knows whether this could be a disadvantage working with fMRI?

If the metal in your jaw is ferromagnetic and you have to go into the room to check on the patient while the fMRI is on it could cause the metal to move and cause internal bleeding. Even if the metal isn't ferromagnetic and can conduct electricity it could interfere with the running of the fMRI if you were in the same room of course you would only ever need to be in the same room as the patient if something were wrong so it wouldn't matter all that much.