Question about our knowledge of evolution.

Tampitump

I heard, I believe it was Michael Shermer say during an interview that we know more about evolution than we do electricity and magnetism. Now, I fully accept evolution and am completely a naturalist. I understand (though I'm certainly no expert) that our understanding of evolution is very high by this point so as to make it a fact. But I was kind of dubious of Shermer's statement about knowing more about it than magnetism or electricity. For one, it seems to me (a non-expert) that there is much more involved in the theory of evolution and there are many more mechanisms/degrees of freedom that comprise the theory than there is in electricity and magnetism. I was wondering if it is indeed the case that we know more about evolution than electricity and magnetism? If so, can someone explain how this is so and set me straight on these topics?

Thanks!

With E&M we are much nearer to the fundamental issues that we don't know the answers to. We don't know what charge really is, or why it exists. Evolution is further away from these fundamental issues, partly since it doesn't include abiogenesis. So the claim is not unreasonable.