Algebra 1

Raider5678

I am currently in 7th grade(in the United States) and I am tackling Algebra 1, if you guys can just post some tips I should keep in my head while I am doing it so I don't go off track and teach myself the wrong way. I did that once and had to relearn a large portion of science when we got to it in school because I learned it wrong. In a note I am teaching it to myself, that's how I learned it wrong. Although I don't personally have much hope for common core math. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

if you have answer keys in the back of your textbooks, i'd recommend following those solution sets. if your school has free tutoring, i'd go to those before/after school programs. it's easy to mislead yourself if you don't have some sort of reference/guide. just do a bunch of problems using answer keys/guides/tutors to double check your work :)

• 4 weeks later...

Keep in mind that due to the fact of participating in an "honors" or "advanced" class, as I have done, that you find yourself missing the basic curriculum of your grade, and when it comes to state exams or assessment programs, that they are testing you on what the the "non-advanced" students are learning. Since, I was in the same situation as yourself, I asked my teacher for what she was or had been teaching the students in her "non-advanced" classes. I studied the material, and was able to understand the test better than my fellow classmates. I'd highly recommend reviewing the curriculum of the "non-advanced" class. I hope this helps you, as much as it had helped me.

Edited by TerryEmeigh

Keep in mind that due to the fact of participating in an "honors" or "advanced" class, as I have done, that you find yourself missing the basic curriculum of your grade, and when it comes to state exams or assessment programs, that they are testing you on what the the "non-advanced" students are learning. Since, I was in the same situation as yourself, I asked my teacher for what she was or had been teaching the students in her "non-advanced" classes. I studied the material, and was able to understand the test better than my fellow classmates. I'd highly recommend reviewing the curriculum of the "non-advanced" class. I hope this helps you, as much as it had helped me.

I'm in advance, but in all honesty its simply just tougher grades in my opinion. When me and a non advanced student worked on a project together he got 100% I got 88% because since I was in advanced.

I learn in the same class, I just usually don't pay attention. At home is where I do most of my advanced stuff though. I'm teaching myself physocology now.

I'm in advance, but in all honesty its simply just tougher grades in my opinion. When me and a non advanced student worked on a project together he got 100% I got 88% because since I was in advanced.

I learn in the same class, I just usually don't pay attention. At home is where I do most of my advanced stuff though. I'm teaching myself physocology now.

Oh, I'm sorry that i misunderstood you. Best of luck on psychology!

This isn't just knocking - but honest advice from someone who many years ago struggled with spelling and grammar but had no trouble with maths. Whenever you are writing, even somewhere as inconsequential as an internet forum, ensure that you don't make sloppy errors in your English. I don't think it is acceptable but people will judge your work in all areas on the basis of your presentation, spelling, and grammar; so get used to demanding precision from yourself in your English as well as your Mathematics from an early age. The more and sooner you get accustomed to checking your text the easier it becomes.

• 2 weeks later...

I would refer you to follow these points :

1) Review your basic maths problems and operations.

2) Know the exact order of algebra operations like which bracket to solve first , BODMAS etc.

3) Know the basics of solving algebra (-) signs.

4) Identifying the different variables x, y, z, etc..

There are many such basic tips that you can follow and can excel in your Algebra subject.