Theory for new Cancer treatment

I have recently thought of new way to possibly treat cancer. This technique works by directly starving the tumor of its blood supply.

This method works by finding out through imaging techniques exactly what small arteries are directly feeding the targeted tumor with blood. Once the arteries are identified, the arteries are injected with something that would cause the blood in the arteries to clot, forming a dam in the artery that prevents more blood from flowing through. This would prevent blood from getting to the tumor long enough for the tumor to die.

One possible problem I have thought of for this procedure is if the blood clots formed in the arteries cause too much damage to the arteries for them to regenerate enough later. If the affected artery tissue is small enough then maybe this won't be a problem.

Anyone, let me know what you think of this possible cancer treatment. Let me know if you think it could work and if not what's wrong with it.

Yes, I have thought along these lines as well.

However, physically trying to block out the blood supply to tumors (e.g. through surgery) probably would not be effective.

Almost no modern treatment has ever been discovered to be effective once a cancer has become metastatic. Simply removing these mets winds up being medically futile. This is why the life expectancy of those with metastatic illness has not improved in 100 years (if ever).

Modern treatments are starting to emerge for metastatic cancer. It is now 20 years since metastatic illness was first cured in lab models, so the technical knowledge has already been acquired. However, it might take some time to translate this into humans. Moving a drug through the clinical trial process can take an extended period of time.

Edited by 3bromopyr

• 2 months later...

Cutting edge medications are beginning to develop for metastatic disease. It is presently 20 years since metastatic disease was initially cured in lab models, so the specialized learning has as of now been procured. In any case, it may take sooner or later to make an interpretation of this into people. Moving a medication through the clinical trial procedure can take an augmented span of time.