Starting out in Biochemistry

So, if you happened to read a few of my previous threads I have no background in biochemistry, though I find the topic profoundly interesting. I am scientifically inclined, can decipher things when need be, but need basic info. Could anyone recommend a book which would be informative in nature regarding chemical reactions, maybe some Kerbs Cycle information included that would be an "easy" or "moderately easy" to understand for someone new to this realm?

• 4 months later...

I'd recommend the book General Chemistry: Principles and Modern Applications (10th ed.): http://www.amazon.com/General-Chemistry-Principles-Applications-MasteringChemistry/dp/0136121497

It deals with the most common chemistry topics, such as atoms, chemical bonding, thermochemistry, gases, acids and bases, the periodic table etc etc. But also more advanced topics such as nuclear chemistry, structures- and reactions of organic compounds etc. The difference between this book and high school chemistry books is that all elements are explained in great detail. It's way more in-depth than high school chemistry, and more advanced. 1400 pages of awesomeness.

The explanations are thorough and the examples/questions are great.

I'm studying Kemi 1 (the first Chemistry course on high school level) at komvux (the Swedish version of municipality adult education), and the General Chemistry book is comprehensible for me. It's even better than my current literature.

There are a couple of books that are designed to help students who are taking their first biochemistry course. One is called "PDQ Biochemistry" and the other is called "Basic concepts in biochemistry." I think that they are both worth a look, but I am not 100% certain that they are what you want.