Recognising Research

exb

Hi there, Im a researcher (and anatomist), looking to change the accessibility of research. Im tired of reading long papers to see if I can collaborate with others and have been looking for a solution. This is what Ive come up with - name removed its a video platform for research. If you're a researcher (in any discipline) and would like to contribute or collaborate with others check out link removed- pop in your email and we'll let you know once we launch :)

This sounds like an interesting idea. However, as we are a discussion forum, I think you should say more about your proposed platform.

Specifically

1) is it aimed at research level rather than public engagement?

2) do you expect all fields of research to be catered for? I am wondering how much I could say about what I do on a video.

3) What are the problems with science communication today and how does your solution fit into solving these problems?

thanks ajb,

1) The platform is targeted primarily for researcher to researcher communication - it will be free and open so if the public would like to engage with the research they will be able to.

2) Yes, we do expect all fields of research to be catered for - the aim is to promote interdisciplinary collaboration as well- I think that people from different fields have a lot to offer each other and videos are an intuitive way to understand other researcher's work. A video can cover a single paper or group of papers on similar topics.

Even mathematical concepts can be communicated well through video (

).

3) We hope to make it easier to intuitively understand concepts quickly (reading 10 000 words is difficult), make it easier for researchers outside your field to understand your research. Video is a more accessible format and will allow for your work to be disseminated more easily.