Orion Spacecraft System design discussion

TJ McCaustland

Hello everyone, TJ here. For all who are interested I have a brilliant idea of how to prevent radiation overexposure on deep space missions along with other ideas. I will briefly explain my Ideas below.

1. Have a magnetic field generator tuned to a specific frequency on the electromagnetic spectrum, and possible use superconductors to produce an intense magnetic field, This would work in a similar manner to our planet's magnetic field, though significantly smaller, and if practical would prevent radiation overexposure.

2. Use the sun's heat emissions to run a molten salt generator for basic electrical power.

3. Use VASMR thrusters to exploit the sun's natural neutron emissions and produce plasma in a far less energy intensive form via a deuterium oxide neutron capture method, basically exposing deuterium oxide to the neutron emissions from the sun which puts it in a state of fusion by which we super-heat gas via piping it through the reaction in heat absorbing pipes and spewing it out the back of our spacecraft as plasma.

4. Use the self sustaining nature of ecosystems to create an oxygen/food/water recycling garden.

5. Capture hydrogen and oxygen from gas giants via atmospheric scoops to produce deuterium oxide via the heavy water method.

6. Use other gases collected from gas giants as fuel for the VASMR.

7. Use revolving cylinder to produce artificial gravity for the crew in the quarters and command module sections.

Edited by TJ McCaustland