Concept for Hybrid Quantum Computer

Syn5

Most computers are completely binary. They input and output a bunch of ON's and OFF's. They're only able to process a 2 dimensional world. A world where only ON and OFF exist.

How about a blend of ON or OFF? A maybe? Binary computers can't process maybe input so it can't output maybe.

But we as humans can. So we take maybe and break it down into it's basic ON's an OFF's. Taking into account the amount of each we then input the ON's, OFF's in sequence.

We call this code.

I believe there might be a better way.

ON and OFF are just symbols for a concept that can be represented by an infinite number of symbols. It's the concept of opposites.

Knowing this assign Blue light to ON and Yellow light to OFF. Now input Green light, the maybe. You now have a computer that can break down ON/OFF into ON and OFF.

There's no real computing limit now. You can break light down into an infinite number of frequencies and assign a unique concept to each frequency.

Here's an example taking a different route but it's still the same concept.

Take a 100Hz sine-wave. Assign ON and OFF to points of opposing phase. Now all points in-between are blends of ON/OFF, maybes.

Change sine-wave frequency to 200Hz. Assign YES and NO to points of opposing phase. Now all points in-between are blends of YES/NO, maybes.

You then keep assigning unique frequencies to unique concepts.

The limit now becomes our ability to code.

Will this work? Ideas?

I thought there was another thread recently about multi-state logic recently but I couldn't find it.

There have been systems that have used 3 (or more) state logic in the past. And hardware modelling languages like VHDL and Verilog still do (they add X for unknown for 3-state logic; then strong and weak 1 and 0 for 5 state logic, and so on).

In hardware terms, there generally isn't much benefit. It adds complexity and doesn't seem to provide much benefit.

The one place where it is being used is in flash memory. These use multiple values in each bit in order to increase the storage density.

So our programming skills are not there yet? I guess the difficult part would be finding out how to input everything.

Couldn't we assign a unique frequency to all words and their most opposite word and then create code tying all the concept together and how one affects the other thus creating a computer that at least on the surface thinks like a human? I mean let light itself handle the computing.

Edited by Syn5

The problem is not programming. I can't see why such a device would be programmed any differently than a conventional computer. You are just changing the way data is encoded.

The problem is ultimately practicality and economics: does the extra complexity gain yiou a significant advantage. In general, for most new architectural ideas, the answer is no. You also have to deal with the conversions needed when you interface to the outside world.

Your sine wave idea sounds similar to the various phase-shift encoding schemes used by modems to get more data into each bit transmitted. That is good for communication, but it isn't clear how you would use it in a computer: how do you store a frequency, for example.

Well say that instead of affecting the source, in this example let's say the source is a constant white light.

We know white light contains an infinite number of frequencies. Now all you have to do is change the detectors perspective of the source to change frequency.

The position of the detector in Time/Space can be a binary input.

In other words light's infinite frequencies would be the storage.

Edited by Syn5

Imagine a sphere with a source of white light in the center. Now with binary code (coordinates) you place a detector in space and another one in the opossite space. The detectors themselves are lasers we know react a certain way when shot at the source.

Now we just need to store the code for what position in the sphere correlates with what frequency then assign the frequency to a concept, the phase to yes and no and everything in-between varies in probability.

Only a small bit of storage would be needed for the binary input. We only need a lot now because it's stored in 1's and 0's. We don't need the output to be binary we understand maybe.

And if we take time into account we can have multiple detectors in the same space detecting different information from the same source.

Edited by Syn5

Now we just need to store the code

How?

And how many bits do you need to store this? (This is determined by how accurately you want to measure the position.) And how are you going to measure the position? Servo-motors? A to D converters? How quickly can you make these measurements? What about noise? How much power does it consume? How big is this machine going to be?

I'm not sure you have really thought through the engineering and implementation issues.

(And lasers are not detectors)

Edited by Strange

How?

And how many bits do you need to store this? (This is determined by how accurately you want to measure the position.) And how are you going to measure the position? Servo-motors? A to D converters? How quickly can you make these measurements? What about noise? How much power does it consume? How big is this machine going to be?

I'm not sure you have really thought through the engineering and implementation issues.

(And lasers are not detectors)

Input:

LTF sensor in vacuum surrounded by lasers. And I think we need a prizm somewhere hahaha.

You can now shoot a laser with a frequency representing UP. The crests are UP exists, the troughs are doesn't exist. The rest of the wave is a maybe.

Shoot another laser with an opposite phase representing DOWN. The crests are DOWN exists, the troughs are doesn't exist. The rest of the wave is a maybe.

Changing the intensity of the individual lasers let's you control input biased (probability).

Output:

Still working on it.

But basically we need to measure the interaction between the light waves. Color?

We could just input language and output language? It would need to be programed like a child. A language of infinite concepts just like human science language.

Edited by Syn5

Maybe some sort of current Quantum (not the brand lol) storage system.

I don't think we would need to store much in binary, at least not more than would be practical. Store just the concepts, symbols, and how they relate to each other and one another.

I mean they say our mind's storage capacity is not that great. Our only advantage is we understand the concept behind the symbols. This computer technically would also.

Edited by Syn5