Different Perspective? Whose Fault?

If say I posted one topic, and someone agrees with me but others don`t agree with me, so say they choose to express their choice by +1 or -1. Is it fair to me if the number of members who vote +1(support my arguement) is more than the number of members who vote -1(disagree with me). Maybe there are more members who are prefering +1 than -1 in this forum?

I should stress that I won`t mention about reputation before in the last post but this condition might happen although it is very unlikely, so raising this possibility should be fine.

If say I posted one topic, and someone agrees with me but others don`t agree with me, so say they choose to express their choice by +1 or -1. Is it fair to me if the number of members who vote +1(support my arguement) is more than the number of members who vote -1(disagree with me). Maybe there are m

ore members who are prefering +1 than -1 in this forum?

I should stress that I won`t mention about reputation before in the last post but this condition might happen although it is very unlikely, so raising this possibility should be fine.

I don't get what the problem you are presenting is. If more people agree with you than disagree with you it will show in the reputation.

Sorry, I think I should reword my sentence. I mean say I posted a topic- Different perspective Whose Fault?. Someone agrees with my point, he/she +1. Someone (another guy) disagree with my point, he/she -1. In this forum, maybe you stay neutral, it might be possible if there are more people who disagree with your point and give you many -1 and less people give you +1, so you resultant point is negative. Is it fair to me?

I know this is very unlikely to happen but still possible. We cannot know how many members would stand by your side/support you and how many would disagree with you.

No, I mean some topics which may be neutral but due to the fact that members give different responses and may eventually leads to your own reputation destruction, what a shame. Objectional topics of course always stay neutral with no objections.

Don't worry about "rep". My own "rep" has been comprehensively destroyed, but I value that at a straw. The whole current system of attaching "rep" to individual posters is unscientific.

Isn't it like giving Isaac Newton negative "rep", because he had lots of wacky ideas about Alchemy and Biblical Studies. And that therefore, this neg "rep" should somehow cast suspicion on the validity of his work on Universal Gravitation and Optics?

Edited by Dekan